The Island of Cyprus offers a truly unique display and contrast of culture, ways of life and landscape - all packed onto a small Island in the Eastern Mediterranean located to the south of Turkey. Cyprus not only offers picturesque cities and reminders of history in the form of age old buildings, churches and mosques dotted throughout the Island, Cyprus is also home to some outstanding examples of natural beauty displayed in its landscape – towering mountains, stretching beaches and stunning cliffs. There are possibilities for all types of holidays here; from walking holidays in Cyprus’ more mountainous rocky terrain in its north,
a beach break in a more peaceful resort such as Paphos, or to celebrate the night away in Ayia Napa, Cyprus is suited to all types of holiday makers. To explore Cyprus’ mountainous Turkish dominated north if you are staying in Cyprus’ Greek dominated south and vice versa, it is recommended to rent a hire car for the day, but do not pre-book however: You can get a much cheaper deal when already out there. Each side gives off its unique charm and feel that are incomparable to each other. With plenty of villas on offer north and south, there has never been a better time to book in Cyprus with Holidu!
Holidu offers countless stunning villas and holiday lettings in northern and southern Cyprus, giving you the opportunity to explore either side. One aspect that both the Turkish north and the Greek south have in common, yet are contrasting is the presence of centuries old landmarks and ruins throughout the country. Whilst byzantine churches are omnipresent throughout the south, the north is dotted with ancient mosques and castles. However, Cyprus is united in its unique blend of cuisine influenced from not only Turkey and Greece, but also from French, Italian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
With appetising mezes, unique kebabs and an envious selection of Ouzo and raki on offer, why not try unique Cypriot cuisine to get a taste for your own personal Cyprus. When it comes to landscape, Cyprus doesn’t disappoint: With many national parks and mountain ranges, walkers will find themselves in paradise with ideal terrain along with Cyprus’ renowned great climate. Walkers and mountain bikers will be especially drawn to the Kyrenia Mountains in the north of the Island – these impressive peaks tower over Cyprus’ northern coast and provide for stunning views of distant Turkey and the whole Island in good visibility. Book a villa today with Holidu!
1. A must see attraction in Cyprus during your stay is the ancient Paphos Archaeological park with its ruins which seem to be frozen in time. Located on the Greek dominated south west of the Island, the site with its deserved UNESCO World Heritage Site label dates back to prehistoric ages up until the middle ages – with a contrast of beautiful untouched mosaic floors, Roman amphitheatres and columns, it truly is a sight to behold.
2. With Cyprus’ stunning landscape, there are countless possibilities for great walking excursions with great views of the sea high up in the mountains. Why not book a villa in the Troodos mountains in the south or the Kyrenia mountains in the north and experience the breath taking views of Cyprus from high vantage points. The Kyrenia mountains tower over Cyprus’ northern coast for 100 miles and are dotted with byzantine watch towers, mosques and castles – a truly unique mountain range.
3. Cyprus exhibits a large number of stunning beaches surrounding the country – book one of many beach side villas available today and discover a beautiful Cypriot beach for your perfect relaxing beach holiday. With the rocky nature of Aphrodite’s rock and beach in Paphos, the stretching sandy Nissi beach in Ayia Napa and the cliff dominated Porto Pomos beach – there are villas available by various types of beaches to please every holiday maker.
4. Cyprus isn’t just full of beachside resorts, stunning mountains and picturesque coasts: There are various great towns & cities to explore. Nicosia Famagusta and Limassol, all have picturesque old towns worth visiting – lose yourself in narrow side streets and discover local traditional Cypriot tavernas after a day spent walking in the mountains or relaxing at the beach.
5. If you are planning on staying on the Greek dominated south side of Cyprus, it may be worth learning a few Cypriot Greek words, which is distinctive from that in mainland Greece. This will really go down well with the locals and may even affect your overall restaurant bills: Cypriot Greek hosts are known to knock down prices of meals in restaurants if you make extra effort to immerse yourself in Cypriot culture and the language!
With a strong cultural contrast, stunning landscapes and great weather all year round, Cyprus is a truly unique escape from reality. Use Holidu’s simple search function to search for villas, holiday lettings and holiday rentals to fit you! Choose whether your accommodation should have a pool, a garden, a TV, Internet access,
- Holiday lettings