Popular Lettings in Calvi
Most popular in Calvi
Prices and availability
Things to know about Calvi
Holiday rentals and lettings in Calvi - A romantic holiday on the Mediterranean coast
A manor house of character in the heart of Upper Corsica
The seaside of Upper Corsica, and more precisely of Calvi, offers fine sandy beaches
The 5 things to do in Calvi
1. Visit the Citadel of Calvi. This is the must-see visit to Calvi! This citadel built by the Genoese in the 18th century seems to have grown from the rock so much it blends into the landscape. It can be visited with friends or family, in a simple and clear way thanks to modern audio guides that can be easily obtained before the visit. Also, it is from the ramparts of the citadel that you can enjoy the most beautiful view of Calvi and its large beach.
2. Discover Notre-Dame de la Serra. In the heart of a natural site that is still very wild, Notre-Dame de la Serra offers one of the most beautiful panoramas of Corsica. This small chapel built on a rock overlooking the Gulf of Calvi is topped by a sculpture of the Virgin Mary that has protected the city for almost 500 years now. It is possible to walk up there, but it is still quite difficult to do and only pilgrims take the trouble to do so. It can also be reached by car to directly enjoy the view!
3. Practice scuba diving. In Corsica and especially in Upper Corsica near Calvi, scuba diving is a perfect activity to enjoy yourself! Indeed, this part of Corsica has an incredible richness in its waters. There are a large number of diving clubs that offer introductions for beginners, or expeditions reserved for experienced divers. We can thus approach a very large number of splendid fish, some of which only live in this part of the Corsican coast. There is also a whole range of endemic marine flora to discover
4. Enjoy the beaches. Around Calvi and as everywhere on the Corsican coast, there are heavenly beaches. Most of these beaches in Balagne in Haute Corse are easily accessible and offer long strips of fine sand and translucent, warm water throughout most of the year. This is the case, for example, of the large beach of Calvi, which runs along part of the city at the foot of the Citadel of Calvi. All these beaches are perfect for swimming, sunbathing and resting or playing sports on the sand!
5. Practice water sports. Water sports are abundant in Corsica and Calvi is no exception. You can take a jet ski ride, canoe along the coast or relax during an afternoon stand up paddle. Whether you are with your family, friends or as a couple, there is always a suitable activity to do on the water.