Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Amsterdam
Popular Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Amsterdam
Holiday Rentals with Free Cancellation
Pet-friendly Holiday Rentals & Lettings
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Pool
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Internet
Find Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Amsterdam
Most popular in Amsterdam
Prices and availability
Holiday lettings prices in Amsterdam
Holiday lettings availability in Amsterdam
Things to know about Amsterdam
Holiday Apartments and Houseboats available in Amsterdam – Visit this Unique City!
A city which stands out: Amsterdam. The capital city of the Netherlands offers an incomparable and picturesque city-scape with its magnificent canals, narrow brick houses and a seemingly unending tally of bridges. Millions of visitors stream into this cosmopolitan city every year to experience its unique liberal atmosphere and the endless possibilities for things to do, with many holiday apartments, houseboats and holiday lettings throughout the city. Amsterdam is found in the province of North Holland and lies by the Markermeer, a bay of the North Sea.
In most cases, visitors who come to rent great holiday apartments and houseboats in Amsterdam enter through Amsterdam Schiphol airport, located a mere 20 minutes away from Amsterdam Centraal by train. To discover Amsterdam to the full, there are many ways to get about: The countless canals are easily explored by various boat tours and Amsterdam is renowned throughout the world for its great biking facilities. The city is accessed quickly and easily on foot or by bike, perfect for discovering cosy side streets, town parks and picturesque bridges!
Extraordinary City With a Great Mix of New and Old
Amsterdam is perfectly suited for a city tour and offers a large portfolio of museums and art exhibitions for art and culture enthusiasts – the city notably boasts the highest density of museums in Europe. Amsterdam especially appeals to young adults due to Amsterdam's infamous Coffee Shops and great nightlife available, with bars and clubs especially common place throughout the city. Foodies will be pleased to hear that Amsterdam certainly doesn't disappoint regarding great cuisine: Amsterdam is kitted out with restaurants from its former colonies when the Netherlands used to be a global superpower. The city is dotted with Indonesian, Indian and South East Asian restaurants,
areas of the world of which parts were under Dutch control. Amsterdam is fantastic to visit all year round, but to really get a feel for the city, Amsterdam truly blossoms in summer months – many cultural festivals, outdoor concerts and a much higher chance of pleasant weather: A truly fantastic season to rent a great holiday apartment, houseboat or holiday lettings. It should also be pointed out that the famous tulip blossoming season takes place from around mid-March to May throughout the Netherlands: Visit the famous Keukenhof Gardens a short half an hour or so journey away from Amsterdam to marvel at majestic blossoming tulip fields!
Travel Tips for Your Stay in a Great Holiday Apartment in Amsterdam
1. No trip to Amsterdam can be truly experienced without heading to the old town, including the infamous Red Light and Jordaan districts which dominate postcards of Amsterdam. Discover narrow yet tall 17th century housing, cosy coffeeshops, bars and cafes dotted throughout and picture-postcard bridges over the many canals. The famous Red Light District with its notoriously liberal attitudes is a magnet for visitors from far and wide and exhibits a plentiful amount of things to see and do: The Jordaan district towards the west however is a hit with the locals and features traditional aspects of Dutch culture whilst maintaining Amsterdam's fantastic modern cosmopolitan vibe. With holiday apartments, houseboats and holiday lettings located throughout, discover these areas with Holidu!
2. An iconic yet important sight to visit is the Anne Frank House. The queue to visit this landmark, which regularly surrounds the block explains all: This is no ordinary sightseeing spot. The story of the young Jewish girl who recorded her experiences in a diary and hid in an attic with her family during the Second World War is still incredibly moving to this day. The house is a must see attraction and is decorated with original texts as well as photos of the Frank family.
3. Amsterdam is famous for its many museums featured throughout the city. Especially famous museums include the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, lying relatively close to eachother. Art enthusiasts will also be excited by the prospect of visiting the Rembrandthuis: The city is dedicated to fantastic art and cultural legacy still important in today's modern age. To visit as many museums as possible, you may want to consider purchasing the Amsterdam Museum Ticket which caters for a reduced entry into many museums – regarding great savings, you can find many holiday apartments on offer with Holidu!
4. Amsterdam offers a large portfolio for trips around and to destinations near the city: Those who long to discover Amsterdam's surroundings can do see with ease – Amsterdam offers a frequent, fast and efficient train and bus service. Trips to Zaandam, Edam, Utrecht, Haarlem and even Rotterdam are always options as well as exploring the Netherlands' beautiful countryside with traditional windmills and canals. Holiday apartments, houseboats and holiday lettings are found throughout the area as well as by the Dutch Coast thanks to Holidu's user friendly search function!
5. A hotspot and an absolute must see sight in Amsterdam is the famous Heineken Experience. Located to the south of Amsterdam's canal district, this Heineken factory offers a magnificent insight into the production, marketing and history of one of Amsterdam's most famous exports: Heineken! Discover history of this famous beer along with its origins, view ingredients and of course, a complimentary sample is always available at the end of the tour. The price of an entry ticket usually includes a free boat tour along Amsterdam's canals, an absolute must for any trip to Amsterdam!
Find Fantastic Holiday Apartments, Houseboats and Holiday Lettings in Amsterdam to Suit you with Holidu!
Holidu offers you the best search engine for fantastic accommodation in Amsterdam: Select your preferred check in and check out dates, the amout of people as well as the wished distance to the city centre. You also have the option to choose additional and certain facilities:
Would you like your holiday apartment to have an internet connection, child friendly facilities, or a dishwasher to name a few examples? Pet friendly facilities and a balcony? Select these preferences with Holidu to find your perfect accommodation in the unique city of Amsterdam!
FAQs: Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Amsterdam
How much did it cost for a holiday rental in Amsterdam last year?
Amsterdam is one of the most expensive cities in The Netherlands! The price of a holiday rental is around £229 per night.
When can you get the best deals on holiday rentals in Amsterdam?
Those who want to be budget-friendly should travel to Amsterdam in February, March, and November the cheapest months of the year, with average prices of £203, £209, and £222 per night, respectively, based on prices from the previous year.
When does the price of holiday rentals in Amsterdam go up the most?
When it comes to renting a holiday letting in Amsterdam, the highest prices are found in the month of June (with an average of £246 per night), followed by May (£246), and April (£242).
Are there usually many holiday lettings available in Amsterdam?
In order to not have problems finding accommodation in Amsterdam, we recommend you to think ahead, as 72% of rentals are usually booked, according to last year's data.
What are the best months for a spontaneous getaway?
The months when it's easiest to find available accommodation in Amsterdam are April (the average amount of properties that are free reached 37%), May (35%), and February (31%). However, even during the time when availability is the highest, the average is only 34%. Due to this, it is better to always prepare your holiday to Amsterdam in advance.
When are fewer lettings available?
The months with the lowest properties available in Amsterdam are, in order, November, August and December, with respective average availability figures of 20%, 20%, and 21%, based on data collected from last year.
How many holiday lettings does Holidu have in Amsterdam?
Holidu offers around 1,500 properties in Amsterdam from 14 different partners, so you will find the perfect holiday rental that you are looking for. We have everything you need!