Popular Lettings in Vannes
Most popular in Vannes
Prices and availability
Things to know about Valves
Holiday rentals in Vannes - A city facing the ocean
A typical holiday letting in Vannes facing the ocean
The old port of Vannes is emblematic of southern Brittany, with its sailing boats and fishing boats,
Top 5 things to do in Vannes
1. Enjoy the beaches. Vannes has a beach directly accessible from the city, which is very convenient. There are large car parks to leave the car and to walk around quietly in a place where nature is very well preserved. A water reservoir slows down the currents so that the little ones can also enjoy the water. There are also shaded areas and picnic tables to fully enjoy this pleasant seaside resort.
2. Water sports. Vannes is a city of sailors, so nautical activities are omnipresent throughout the city. The less experienced holidaymakers can rent kayaks to stroll along the coast and discover particularly unspoilt areas. There are also sailboat trips to learn how to sail with the wind. Of course, surfing is practiced a lot in the surroundings of Vannes as well as other sliding sports.
3. Walks and bike rides. Vannes can be discovered superbly by bike. The municipality has several bicycle routes that cross the countryside or along the coast to discover a superb region. It is the ideal activity to do with the whole family, to enjoy the surrounding nature and enjoy a preserved coastline. Some courses run all around the Gulf of Morbihan, which is an unusual way to discover this part of the department which is very popular with landscape lovers and photographers.
4. Discover cuisine. Like all coastal cities, Vannes has many fish dishes, as well as first-class fresh seafood. But Morbihan and southern Brittany have some specialities in their cuisine with unique dishes that you must absolutely discover when passing through Vannes. For example, seafood andouille, which is a local delicatessen, cotriade, which is a fish-based specialty, or conger stew. There are also game dishes such as the Paimpont style fricassee de marcassin, which is an increasingly rare recipe on the region's tables.
5. The thalasso In Vannes, in a superb luxury hotel on the shores of the Gulf of Morbihan, a thalasso centre welcomes all audiences for various treatments. Fitness programs but also massages, and moments of relaxation in a spa await you.