Popular Lettings in Assisi
Most popular in Assisi
Prices and availability
Everything you need to know about Assisi
Holiday rentals in Assisi: the land of peace
Assisi is a beautiful town in Umbria, in the province of Perugia. Land of origin of the saint symbol of poverty, St. Francis, is a destination for the faithful, but it is also a very popular place for those who prefer a stay in Umbria that aims to rediscover the Italian traditions, culture and art of central Italy and the sense of panic that comes from a direct and unique approach to nature. For those who want to visit this beautiful town in peace, staying a few days, the best solution is to rent one of the many holiday rentals in Assisi.
To get there you can travel by train from the north with the main line Florence-Rome that stops at Terontola and from there continues to the destination, coming from the south the line is the Rome-Ancona, with stop in Foligno, continuation on the line Foligno-Terontola and descent to Assisi. For those arriving by plane, the airports are Rome, Florence and the nearest Perugia: it is therefore necessary to use public transport or opt for a car rental. By car from the north, take the A1 motorway, exit at Valdichiana and then the SS75bis; from the north-east, take the A14 motorway, exit at Cesena and continue on the E45 freeway in the direction of Città di Castello. From the south, take the A1 motorway, exit at Orte, and proceed towards Terni and Perugia.
What to see in Assisi
Who rents a holiday letting in Assisi can get used day after day to the slow pace of this place, which shines immersed in an exceptional natural environment: time seems to have stopped in the streets of this village, while the immensity of the landscape by which it is surrounded leaves room only for silence interrupted from time to time by the singing of birds. A climb to the Hermitage of the Prisons, the place of meditation chosen by St. Francis,
and at the Porziuncola gives every visitor the opportunity to get back in touch with his deepest self. Of course you must visit the Basilica of San Francesco: the church is divided into lower and upper basilica, decorated by the genius of Giotto. To see the church built in homage to Santa Chiara, the Piazza del Comune and the Temple of Minerva, dating from the first century BC.
Forgetting about yourself, you find yourself. (St. Francis of Assisi)
5 things to do in Assisi
1. Rediscover the life of St. Francis through the frescoed narrative. Reading the life of the saint is certainly more fascinating through the paintings of Giotto who decorated the walls of the Upper Basilica.
2. Trek along the Franciscan routes: during the day it is possible to walk the Assisi-Spello stretch within the Monte Subiaso Park: 17 km and a unique view of the Umbrian Valley.
3. Reach the Rocca Maggiore and lose yourself in the medieval alleys of the town. Once you get to the top, you'll be rewarded with a breathtaking view.
4. If you choose to rent a holiday letting in Assisi for the winter holidays, you cannot but visit the living crib: it is a really touching experience also because it was the idea of St. Francis to make the crib live for the first time in Greccio on Christmas night of 1223.
5. If you rent a holiday letting in Assisi, do not miss the opportunity to taste the Umbrian specialties: the truffle is the master and you can request it in many different courses, but also deserve your attention crostini alla norcina, umbrichelli in Trasimeno sauce or pappardelle alla lepre with cloves and bacon as a first course, the wild pigeon for main course and gingerbread as a dessert.
How to find holiday rentals in Assisi
Whether you decide to leave for Assisi for a regenerating stay, for a journey to discover the Umbrian landscape and its traditions, for a religious pilgrimage or for a cultural trip, the best thing is to rent one of the holiday rentals in Assisi that you can find on the Holidu website.
Enter dates, number of guests and search for the ideal type of structure for you. Booking one of the many holiday rentals in Assisi will be very easy. And your stay in Umbria will be an experience that you will always remember.