Popular Lettings in Lot-et-Garonne
Most popular in Lot-et-Garonne
Prices and availability
Things to know about Lot-et-Garonne
Rentals in Lot-et-Garonne - A holiday full of discoveries
Come and discover the beauty of Lot-et-Garonne
Lot-et-Garonne is composed of several historic provinces including Périgord and Agenais
Top 5 must-see sites in Lot-et-Garonne
1. The castle of Bonaguil. It is undoubtedly the most striking testimony of the medieval period in the Périgord. This fortified castle, completed in 1510, is located in Saint-Front-sur-Lémance and is classified as a historical monument. The simple discovery of its furniture will take you back in time! Of course, this defensive structure has many other surprises in store for you. At the beginning of the visit, you will have access to the barbican and then to the dovecote, as well as to the farmyard. You will explore the cave, the main courtyard and the remains of the kitchen and finish the walk with the keep, an element that is always notable in a castle.
2. Oenology in the Marmandais. Aquitaine is the destination of choice for oenology enthusiasts. While many people flock to the Gironde cellars, Lot-et-Garonne is not to be outdone in terms of vineyards. Its land is a high quality terroir where many producers thrive, including the winegrowers of the Côtes du Marmandais. You will discover the know-how of these professionals and will have the opportunity to taste their best wines!
3. The cave of Lastournelle. This natural cave can be found in Sainte-Colombe de Villeneuve. It is the result of geological activity and was first discovered by farmers in 1878. It is composed of seven rooms where you can contemplate remarkable stalactites and stalagmites. Activities are offered to the public on this site, especially during the summer season. They allow the youngest to discover all the riches of this underground wonder in a playful form. The Lastournelle cave remains one of the most visited sights in Lot-et-Garonne.
4. Saint-Caprais Cathedral. This cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located in Agen and mixes Romanesque and Gothic architectural styles. In its lair, it is interesting to observe the different decorations, including those dedicated to the great figures of the Bible. You will not be indifferent to its grandstand organ, classified as a historic monument.
5. Duras Castle. Completed in the 17th century, this fortress is the property of the municipality of Duras, southwest of Bergerac. The visit of this building will undoubtedly amaze you several times! The panorama from the top of the tower is simply sublime. It was from this post that the movements on the roads and vines surrounding the castle could be monitored. The atmosphere of the inner courtyard is to be discovered, as is the bakery built in the mother rock. There is also the Salle des Trois Maréchaux, a room where various festivities are organised.