Popular Lettings in Bidart
Most popular in Bidart
Prices and availability
Things to know about Bidart
A holiday rental in Bidart - a relaxing holiday by the sea
Come and discover the beauty of Bidart and the tranquility of the Basque Coast
Bidart is the highest Basque village and is part of the province of Labourd
Top 5 must-see sites in Bidart
1. Basque craftsmanship and cuisine. The most gourmet among you will not miss the opportunity to bring back local products from their stay in the Basque Country. We invite you to visit the Moulin de Bassilour, a bucolic place where you can buy delicious pastries including the famous Basque cake. Another establishment that arouses the curiosity of holidaymakers is a renowned cutlery shop called "Les couteliers basques". Its craftsmen present their know-how and offer a wide variety of cutting tools.
2. The Chapel of Saint Madeleine. It is a crossing point of the coastal path of the Basque Coast and a site appreciated by the pilgrims of Santiago de Compostela. Dedicated to sailors, the Sainte-Madeleine chapel is undoubtedly one of the oldest monuments of Bidart's heritage. It is not only a place for meditation, visitors like to stop and contemplate the view, especially at sunset time.
3. Bid'a Parc. This leisure park facing the ocean is a delight for young and old alike! There is, for example, an animal farm, a small horse circuit and a space dedicated to karting. Other attractions are particularly aimed at young children such as the pirate ship and the carousel.
4. Traditions in the Place de Bidart. It hosts various events throughout the year, some of which are emblematic of Basque culture. For example, its inhabitants meet on the second Sunday of the month to enjoy various dances such as mutxiko and fandango. The Place de Bidart also attracts lovers of Basque pelota during the summer. Amateurs and professionals compete with each other with bare hands, chistera or cesta punta in a very friendly atmosphere.
5. The coastal path. Coves sheltered from the wind, large sandy areas, paths of all kinds: the landscapes often vary on the coastal path, some will not leave you insensitive. During this walk, you will have the opportunity to pass in front of the Chapel of Saint Madeleine and admire the Archilua site. At the end of this long walk, you will also enjoy an out of the ordinary view of Pointe Sainte-Barbe.