Popular Lettings in Soulac-sur-Mer
Most popular in Soulac-sur-Mer
Prices and availability
Things to know about Soulac-sur-Mer
Holiday rentals and lettings in Soulac-sur-Mer
Come and discover the beauty of Soulac-sur-Mer
Soulac-sur-Mer is one of the seaside resorts of the Côte de Beauté and the Côte d'Argent
Top 5 must-see sites in Soulac-sur-Mer
1. The beaches. The central beach borders the boulevards of Charcot and Front de Mer. It is possible to rent mattresses and have lunch in nearby restaurants. You could also put your towel on the North Beach and enjoy a wilder setting away from the city centre. In the company of children, the ideal is to go to the south beach of Soulac-sur-Mer near the campsite of Les Sables d'Argent. There is a surf school and a skate park.
2. The Basilica of Our Lady of the End of the Lands. Listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, this building, completed in the 15th century, is characterised by its Romanesque style. It houses several remarkably well-preserved treasures such as a statue of Santiago. The impressive pulpit built of stone is also one of the notable elements to be contemplated in this basilica.
3. A walk in a vineyard. To stay in the southwest without doing this activity would be sacrilege! Two sites open their doors to visitors around Soulac-sur-Mer. It is on the one hand the castle Loudenne, on the other hand the castle Tour Castillon. You will discover the vegetative cycle of the vine and have the opportunity to taste exceptional wines and cheeses.
4. Water activities. The weather conditions favour surfing for most of the year. Insiders will quickly find their marks on the beach of Les Naïades, while beginners will be able to learn the basics of this demanding but so enjoyable discipline! There is something for everyone as some clubs also offer kayaking and stand-up paddle trips for vacationers. These leisure activities are ideal for enjoying the remarkable coastal landscapes.
5. The visit of the market. The friendly atmosphere that prevails in the covered market of Soulac-sur-Mer will not leave you indifferent! Visitors and Girondins flock here to buy the best local products. There are fresh fruit and vegetable stalls and a wide variety of fish caught nearby. This visit should allow you to discover some of the emblematic ingredients of the southwest and certainly arouse the desire to dine in a typical restaurant.