Popular Lettings in Whitby
Most popular in Whitby
Prices and availability
Things to know about Whitby
Cosy rentals on the English North East coast in the Picturesque Town of Whitby
Nestled by the mouth of the River Esk to the north of Scarborough on English North East coast, the picturesque little fishing town of Whitby calls itself home to fascinating ruins, a stunning beach and cosy cottages dotted throughout itself. Whitby is suited to those who enjoy fascinating culture, a great day out by the sea with the family and those who simply want to escape it all and relax. Those interested in culture will be excited by the prospect of visiting Whitby Abbey. Located on a cliff, dominating the skyline of the town, the ruins of Whitby Abbey have history dating back to over 1,000 years and are said to be inspiration
for Bram Stoker's Dracula, who fictionally arrived from Transylvania over the sea and climbed the famous 199 Steps and resided to the abbey. Despite this being a work of fiction, these landmarks are reality: Scale the picturesque 199 steps and take in some breathtaking views of this cosy fishing village in all its glory beside the sea. Whitby also features its famous Whitby Beach, which is a haven for families with its long stretching sandy surface and wide promenade. Take your dog for a walk, build a sand castle with the kids and experience a traditional English sea side town by finding your dream Whitby cottage with Holidu!
Walks to Discover and Views to Take In with Cosy Cottages in Whitby
Walking enthusiasts will be drawn to Whitby with its stunning surrounding landscapes, catering for great walks in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Experience this national park on foot with many fantastic trails available to discover this area of England for yourself: Discover parts of the 37 mile long Esk River valley trail located not far away from Whitby at all – gorges, possibilities for fishing alongside many other possibilities await you here! After a great walk or a day out on the beach,
why not refresh yourself and visit a cosy local pub or inn and gain a literal taste for Whitby – rejoice in the sunshine with a locally sourced ale and some traditional fish and chips with mushy peas! To experience Whitby at its best, it is recommendable to visit in summer months: Temperatures generally stay at a comfortably warm temperature with regular sunshine. With fantastic cottages and holiday lettings available with Holidu, there has never been a better time to visit Whitby!
Top 5 Recommendations to make the Most out of your Stay in Whitby
1. Railway enthusiasts will be pleased to hear that the famous heritage North Yorkshire Moors Railway has history with and stops in Whitby. Experience how rail travel throughout the UK once was – with many steam trains with romantic carriages operating on this route including the legendary Flying Scotsman, this is a truly unique opportunity to take advantage of!
2. If you are intrigued by Goth culture, by all means visit Whitby when its famous Goth Weekend Festival takes place. This unique festival takes place twice a year and is a haven for many, “goths” from all over the country, featuring many busking and music performances.
3. To discover more about Whitby's ghostly legacy, take an iconic Whitby Walk and discover the town from a different angle. Available tours include the famous, “Ghost Walk” as well as the, “Town Heritage Walk” from an enthusiastic local guide. There is no need to make a booking – to attend the tour, just show up at stated areas on time!
4. One of Whitby's hidden gems is Whitby Museum. If the sun happens to not be shining, visit this fascinating museum including artefacts and exhibitions from the ancient world as well as the legacy of Whitby itself: Fossils, animals who have undergone taxidermy, artefacts from ships alongside a fascinating range of other exhibitions, making this museum a must see!
5. To discover a large part of Whitby up close in a day, take a Bus Tour and view the town from an open top bus. Purchasing a ticket means you can hop on and hop off as many times as you want in a day with buses taking you around the main attractions and sites!
Discover your own Side to Whitby by finding your perfect Cottage or Holiday Letting with Holidu!
There is a lot more to Whitby than what meets the eye – hidden by and around cosy houses, stunning ruins and a magnificent view from the beach to the sea, Whitby is a haven for those interested in culture with its many fascinating museums, keen walkers with fantastic trails located nearby in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and railway enthusiasts with access to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway!
To discover this picturesque seaside town for yourself, choose a cosy cottage or a fantastic holiday letting with the assistance of Holidu's user friendly search function and decide on how many rooms your accommodation should have, access to a TV, internet access, child and pet friendly facilities amongst many others. Book online today!
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about holiday rentals in Whitby
By looking at its annual average price of £149.80, Whitby is not a city that stands out as being the most expensive or the cheapest in the United Kingdom.When can you get the best deals on holiday rentals in Whitby?
If it is your aim to save as much as posisble during your visit to Whitby, pack your bags and travel there in March (£107.14 per night on average), February (£130.4), or November (£141.01) to find the lowest prices for the whole year.When are holiday rentals more expensive in Whitby?
Following the data observed in 2019, the costs per night for accommodation is usually higher, on average, during the months of August (£199.61), September (£173.88), and October (£166.07).Are there usually many holiday lettings available in Whitby?
When going on holiday to Whitby we recommend you to be proactive, as 63% of rentals are usually booked, according to last year's data.When are more holiday lettings available?
The best months to find free accommodation in Whitby are June (the average amount of properties that are free reached 63.4% of the total in 2019), March (61.6%), and May (58.75%).When are there fewer rental options available in Whitby?
Holiday rentals in Whitby reach their peak in demand in September, with an availability rate of 5.75%. The second most requested month is August, with 6.2%, and third is October with 11.25%.How many holiday rentals are there in Whitby?
We have collected the holiday rentals and lettings from 12 different providers in Whitby, so we can provide you with around 1200 properties. You're going to have a hard time choosing!