Popular Lettings in Loire-Atlantique
Most popular in Loire-Atlantique
Prices and availability
Things to know about the Loire-Atlantique
Holiday rentals and lettings in Loire-Atlantique - A very flat landscape
The advantages of the Atlantic coast
You can also admire the flora of the department by going to the forest of Touffou, which shelters both hardwoods and softwoods.
Top 5 sites to see in Loire-Atlantique
1. The castle of the Dukes of Brittany. The guided tour of this building allows you to learn a lot about the medieval period and in particular about Anne of Brittany and Nantes. The public is always impressed by the large ramparts and sumptuous gardens. In addition, the castle is well accessible since it is located in the centre of Nantes.
2. The plant garden. The place to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It houses several masterpieces of plant art and offers visitors a wide range of colours. It serves as a scientific and ornamental garden, and it has a space where a few goats live, which children like to contemplate and caress.
3. The cathedral of Saint-Pierre and Saint-Paul. This Gothic-style cathedral remains one of the most popular sights in Nantes. Tourists first linger on the exterior façade and contemplate the sculptures of the vaults. They then enter the cathedral and can admire the stained glass windows and the great organ. History buffs also have the opportunity to explore the rooms dedicated to the history of the building. Several holiday rentals in Loire Atlantique are available not far from there, in the heart of historic Brittany.
4. The submarine Swordfish. The discovery of this restricted and closed space is an unforgettable experience. The aim is to discover the ship's controls, the cabins and the organization that existed in this lair when the submarine was still in service until the mid-1980s.
5. The medieval city of Guérande. The fortified enclosure is distinguished at first sight by its very good state of conservation. It is composed of the famous ramparts, the authentic Saint-Michel gate and the Saint-Aubin collegiate church. The visit of the medieval city is the opportunity for a very pleasant stroll during your stay in this department.