Popular Lettings in Lombardy
Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Lombardy
Holiday Rentals & Lettings where Pets Allowed
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Pool
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Internet
Most popular in Lombardy
Prices and availability
Everything you need to know about Lombardy
Holiday rentals in Lombardy: a region with a thousand faces
Lombardy is a region with a varied landscape that welcomes a very diverse tourism. Visiting Milan, Mantua, Pavia, Brescia, Bergamo allows you to discover the history that made great the reign of the Lombards and that of the lordships in the Renaissance period. 15th century squares and castles, small streets and Romanesque churches are certainly worth a visit. For those who love the lake, Lombardy is equally rich in places of interest; there is also the mountainous side, ideal for summer stays and skiing weeks.
Even for lovers of food and wine, the Oltrepo Pavese offers a landscape of hills and vineyards to admire. To reach Lombardy, both by train and by plane, the city of reference is Milan. The airports of Linate and Malpensa are arrival points for flights from all over the world. For low cost flights the stopover is Orio al Serio, in the province of Bergamo. The Milanese stations are the point of arrival of high-speed trains that travel along the entire boot, while by car you arrive in Lombardy following the A1 from the south or from the west and east of the A4.
What to see in Lombardy
There are so many beauties in this region. Wherever you decide to rent your holiday letting in Lombardy, you must stop off at Milan in Piazza Duomo, at Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper in Santa Maria delle Grazie - you need to book well in advance - and take a shopping tour in the fashion district, between Via Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga.
In Bergamo, the Contarelli Chapel in the upper city is worth a visit; in Pavia are particularly charming Piazza della Vittoria, the church of San Michele, all in sandstone, and the Certosa, which can also be reached by bicycle, cycling along the Naviglio. For a short time you can also opt for one of the many holiday rentals in Lombardy for rent on the Lakes, to admire the prestigious homes of Lake Como and relive the memory of Catullus and D'Annunzio sul Garda.
Did you know that the panettone was invented by the court chef's groom after the court chef had burned the Christmas cake?! It was in fact an improvisation resulting from the union of only the ingredients present in the pantry. After everyone was amazed by the goodness of the cake, the cook admitted that it was the 'pan de Toni', hence the name 'panettone'.
5 things to do in Lombardy
1. Visit the Pinacoteca di Brera in Milan. This picture gallery is a bit like the Nordic version of the Uffizi and collects extraordinary works by Mantegna, Piero della Francesca, Veronese, Tintoretto, Caravaggio. Getting lost in its corridors is an experience to try.
2. Climb up to the Stelvio Pass to experience the total freedom and panic that only the high mountain landscape can give back. In summer, nature at high altitudes satisfies the senses. In winter the slopes of this area satisfy even the most experienced skiers, snowshoe and snowboard lovers.
3. Take a wine and food tour through the rows of vines of the Oltrepo Pavese, planning a trip by car or motorbike through the hills to taste the local wines in the cellars scattered along the way and taste the famous salami of Varzi. Renting one of the many holiday rentals in Lombardy in this area, the most hedonists can best crown the day at the Spa of Salice.
4. Sailing on Lake Garda. A totally green holiday on the lake becomes even more interesting if accompanied by a water sport that puts you in close contact with nature. Lake Garda offers various sailing schools and for the more experienced there is the possibility of renting only the equipment and leaving to discover the most hidden corners of the lake.
5. Visit the Bridal Chamber of Mantegna di Mantova, known as the "picta room", reopened to the public in 2015 after a long restoration. This is by far the most important Lombard work on a wall with a secular subject. And, before returning to your holiday letting in Lombardy, it is highly recommended to taste the pumpkin tortelli and a slice of the excellent cake Sbrisolona.
How to find holiday rentals in Lombardy
Whether you are planning a holiday by the lake, in the mountains or a cultural tour in this beautiful region, the best solution to fully enjoy its beauty is to rent a holiday letting in Lombardy and organise different programs of visit. On Holidu you can find many holiday rentals in Lombardy perfect for your needs.
All you need to do is indicate the dates of your stay, the number of guests and the type of accommodation you require to find the most suitable accommodation in just a few seconds. Don't delay! Lombardy is already waiting for you.