Popular Lettings in York
Holiday Rentals & Lettings in York
Pet-friendly Holiday Rentals & Lettings
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Internet
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Parking
Most popular in York
Prices and availability
Things to know about York
Holiday rentals amongst fabulous medieval architecture in North Yorkshire
Lying in the heart of Yorkshire’s fantastic natural surroundings, consisting of rolling hills and lazy pastures, York nestles with its beautiful medieval architecture and structure located throughout its walls as well as exhibiting an extremely safe and cosy vibe. Featuring beautiful architecture, iconic museums renowned throughout the UK and many great walks available in the surrounding countryside, York truly caters for everyone from young to old – even for those with pets: Bring your dog along! Discover York’s cosy side streets and its infamous unique medieval city walls:
York City Walls, also known as the Bar Walls, dating back to the Roman era feature many picturesque gates, or, “bars” to the city which still stand strong today. This places York in a truly unique category – with clearly defined and well preserved medieval walls, the city looks back proudly at its legacy. To truly discover York’s beauty, explore York by foot or by bike. With cosy side streets, York’s relatively small size and a large portfolio of castles, bridges and great architecture to discover, walking will allow you to discover this city up close.
Holiday Apartments close to fantastic Museums, stunning Landscapes and great Legacy
Not only does York offer great possibilities for sightseeing around the city, York’s location, surrounded by gorgeous natural landscapes makes York a great city to stop off in or use as a base to discover great walking opportunities. The Yorkshire Wolds Way lies a short car or bus journey away and if you are a new or keen walker with a taste for fantastic views, it is recommended to set a day aside to experience this walk for yourself. Come rain or shine, York caters for fantastic activities – York is renowned for calling itself home to many historic museums and places of interest,
such as the National Railway Museum, the York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Air Museum - those willing to discover new things and experience fascinating exhibitions will feel at home here with fantastic holiday apartments and cosy cottages. York also offers the renowned York Ghost Tours. Not for the faint hearted, this tour requires no booking in advance and takes place whatever the weather: Covering infamous tales from York’s past and narrow side streets, this is certainly an intriguing tour to take!
Top 5 Recommendations to do in York during your stay in a great Holiday Apartment
1. To discover York’s cosy side streets, monuments and to find out about the colourful history, why not take part in a guided walking tour! Many tours are on a tip only basis and will give you a real insight into York’s history and heritage you may have otherwise been unaware of. Tours cover York’s key landmarks including the famous York Minster, York’s City Walls, and many other intriguing sites. This truly is a must see experience to discover the city up close!
2. A famous museum within York is its iconic National Railway Museum. Featuring the most iconic locomotives, art and engineering from the origins of British rail pioneering to modern times, the museum is a must see for train enthusiasts from all over the UK!
3. Harry Potter fans will be familiar with York’s set of cosy side streets otherwise known as, “The Shambles”, as they were the inspiration for Diagon Alley, featured in many films. The streets feature cosy and picturesque little shops, cafes and pubs. Why not try a pint of locally sourced ale in a local pub and experience where Harry Potter would have bought his wand, broomstick and his books before heading off to Hogwarts!
4. To discover the history and production of York’s ales, by all means take a tour of the York Brewery. Discover a whole range of beers from bottled beer to various kinds of ale brewed at special times or throughout the year. Guided tours take place four times a day from Monday to Saturday – expect little tasters throughout the tour!
5. Breaks in York cannot be fully experienced without a trip to the York Minster which dominates the city. Experience its vast interior complete with its stained glass windows and its huge organ.
Discover cosy Holiday Apartments, Cottages, Lodges and Holiday Lettings in York with Holidu!
York is arguably one of the most picturesque and cosiest cities within the UK, featuring a unique and colourful history with beautiful architecture as well as historic buildings. Discover York up close for yourself with a selection of fantastic holiday apartments and cottages available with Holidu,
use Holidu’s simple search function to find your dream accommodation with your required amount of rooms, child and pet friendly facilities, great cooking facilities, a garden and many more options. Explore York and fall in love with its charm by booking a great accommodation with Holidu today!
FAQs: Holiday Rentals & Lettings in York
Based on its annual average price of £153.14, York is not a city that stands out for being the most expensive or the cheapest in the United Kingdom.
Travellers who want to save as much as possible should visit York in March, May, and April the cheapest months of the year, with average prices of £133.86, £139.45, and £139.61 per night, respectively, based on data collected in 2019.
It can be concluded, analysing the data for the year 2019, that the costs per night for accommodation is usually higher, on average, during the months of August (£179.49), July (£171.57), and December (£162.47).
It is recommended that you book your stay in plenty of time when visiting York, as only 23% of our properties are usually available throughout the year.
In 2019, the months with more free accommodation in York were March, January, and February with average availabilities of 47%, 38.25% and 30.25%, respectively.
The months with the lowest propereties available in York are, in order, September, August and October, with respective average availability figures of 10.5%, 11.6%, and 12.5%, based on data collected in 2019.
In York we work with 14 different providers to give you a choice of 920 properties, so you will not be short of options!