Popular Lettings in Hyeres
Most popular in Hyeres
Prices and availability
Things to know about Hyères
Holiday rentals and lettings in Hyères - enjoy holiday rentals on the Mediterranean coast
Holiday rentals a stone's throw from the port of Hyères
Hyères has more than 7,000 palm trees planted in the streets to which the town owes its name as a seaside resort Hyères les Palmiers.
The essential activities in Hyères
1. Enjoy the beaches. Hyères is an exceptional seaside resort on the French Riviera because it has no less than 40 kilometres of coastline! The sunshine so famous in this part of France allows you to take advantage of the sand to sunbathe, rest, read books, and above all go and refresh yourself in the waters of the Mediterranean. The many beaches of Hyères offer beach mattresses and deckchairs, showers and nearby activities and shops to enjoy ice cream on a hot summer afternoon.
2. Water sports. The Hyères coastline is exceptionally rich and allows you to practice many activities on or in the water. You can learn about scuba diving to get close to colourful fish and discover life on the seabed. You can also discover sailing in one of the clubs in the port. Finally, to spend unforgettable moments, you can rent a boat and anchor in small coves inaccessible by land
3. Hiking and walking. On foot or by mountain bike, there is nothing more pleasant than to discover this small corner of southern France while being as close as possible to nature. Thus many trails are available to holidaymakers such as the Littoral trail and its 20 kilometres long, passing through vineyards, rocks and trees to finally follow the sea. A rich experience to live as a couple, with friends or family.
4. Discovering dolphins. Not far off Hyères, you can meet the dolphins that live peacefully in the Pelagos marine sanctuary. These very friendly animals love to follow the boats and easily show themselves to vacationers who are always happy to photograph them. But you can also encounter rarer marine mammals, such as the fin whale, the second largest marine mammal in the world that lives in these calm waters of the Mediterranean.
5. The cuisine of the Var. Provençal cuisine is renowned throughout the world for its amazing flavours and bright colours. Hyères is the embodiment of it, as there are many restaurants offering local and authentic cuisine. Discover the famous bouillabaisse, aïoli, tapenade, pistou soup, ratatouille and many others. In Hyères it is certain, flavours and emotions will be there!