Popular Lettings in Aix-en-Provence
Most popular in Aix-en-Provence
Prices and availability
Things to know about Aix-en-Provence
Holiday rentals and lettings in Aix-en-Provence in a house with a swimming pool
In a studio or a villa, holidays are always beautiful in Aix-en-Provence!
To you the walks between hilly scrubland, olive groves and large shaded squares.
The 5 things to do absolutely in Aix-en-Provence
1. Visit the city. Aix-en-Provence has a long and rich history that can be discovered by strolling through its streets to discover its architectural heritage. There are many hidden or little known treasures that deserve to be discovered in Aix-en-Provence! You can also take a guided tour with a professional who will take you from small squares to private mansions for an original discovery of the city
2. The Granet Museum. The Granet Museum is considered by many art lovers as one of the most beautiful museums in France. Indeed, it houses an impressive collection of works from the 14th to the 20th century, including Rembrandt, Cézanne, Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, Braque, Klee and Staël. The museum is divided into two parts. First there are the oldest works in the former Palace of Malta next to the Cours Mirabeau, and the works of modern art in a beautifully restored 17th century old chapel. A visit not to be missed for all art and history lovers!
3. Taste the calisson. Calisson is a delicacy based on almonds and candied melons without forgetting a touch of orange blossom. This small confectionery is a pure delight that you must absolutely discover when passing through Aix-en-Provence. There are several famous calissoniers in the city, and you can also buy them in the tourist office shop. Once you have tasted calisson, you can associate it with the holidays and the sun of Aix-en-Provence forever!
4. Go to the markets of Aix-en-Provence. Aix-en-Provence benefits from a very large number of markets held every day of the week. Each market has its own particularities and products. There is a vegetable market, a flower market, a fish market and even an antique book market! They are perfect places to discover and immerse yourself in local life. We talk, we exchange and above all we laugh a lot on the markets of Aix-en-Provence!
5. Discover the fountains of Aix-en-Provence. Aix-en-Provence has unexpected and sometimes even secret charms. Indeed, its thirty fountains scattered throughout the city each have a history and secrets to discover absolutely!