Popular Lettings in Menton
Most popular in Menton
Prices and availability
Things to know about Menton
Holiday rentals and lettings in Menton - Between sunshine and the pleasures of life
In a waterfront letting or in a luxury villa, discover La Perle de France.
Menton is full of palaces and palaces of all kinds, a legacy of the great hours of the Riviera, where some crowned heads were having prestigious residences built in the city
The 5 must-see visits to Menton
1. Discover palaces and palaces. The city of Menton is full of palaces and palaces of all kinds, a legacy of the great hours of the Riviera, where some crowned heads had prestigious residences built in the city. Some of these houses can be visited, others only open their gardens. But the pleasure is elsewhere, one can simply stroll around the city and admire along the way imposing residences, sometimes surprising in their architecture with definite Italian influences.
2. The gardens of Menton. Menton is famous for its many gardens with sometimes exotic plants whose growth is allowed by the exceptional climate of the coast. For example, the Garden of the Palais Carnolès houses an orchard of exceptionally rich citrus trees. A collection that began in the last century, whose fragrances embalmed visitors who found themselves transported to distant lands from which the many species of trees originated.
3. Visit the Cocteau Museum. At the gateway to the old town, the Cocteau Museum was opened in November 2011. Over almost 3,000 m², it presents an entire section of Cocteau's art from 1910 to 1950. You can also discover temporary exhibitions by international artists. The museum aims to be central to the city's cultural life and thus offers artistic discovery workshops for all audiences, but also a café, a bookshop and a graphic art studio.
4. Going out to sea. Many companies offer daily or half-day trips to the sea. It is an excellent opportunity to discover this splendid coastline, to stop in coves inaccessible from the ground to swim, to fish or dive. It is even possible to push as far as the Italian coast to discover charming little seaside villages. The Mediterranean is more than ever at the heart of your holiday to spend unforgettable moments
5. Stroll through old Menton. The old town of Menton is full of surprises that it is very pleasant to discover by strolling in the shade of the small alleys. For example, the century-old municipal market is full of colours reminding us that the opening to the sea allows the region to be a crossroads of trade between the countries of the Mediterranean. We thus find spices, flavours and smells that sometimes come from far away. We also enjoy discovering local products such as the famous Menton lemon. The alleys of the old town are full of craftsmen's shops and small restaurants where you can spend moments of relaxation and authentic discoveries