Popular Lettings in Toulon
Most popular in Toulon
Prices and availability
Things to know about Toulon
Holiday rentals and lettings in Toulon - A holiday in the hills in Toulon
Ideal holiday rentals in Toulon
The most beautiful testimony of the Toulon arsenal, located next to the clock tower of the arsenal.
1. The Rade. Sitting quietly on the terrace of a café or walking along the harbour: there are many ways to enjoy this pleasant environment. The one Vauban described as "the most beautiful harbour in Europe" was once used by Greek and Roman ships. It now houses the first French military port.
2. The cable car of Mount Faron. It allows the public to have access to the summit of Mount Faron, a limestone summit where there is a zoo and the Memorial of the landing in Provence. It offers a breathtaking view of the Rade and remains a very attractive playground for mountain bikers. The cable car is used by nearly 100,000 people every year and has the advantage of operating with electrical energy.
3. The Place of Liberty. It contributes to a large extent to the animation of the city centre of Toulon. The inhabitants, young and old, like to gather there to stroll or have a drink with friends. There is the Grand Hôtel, the Fédération fountain, the Hôtel des Arts and the Caisse d'épargne tower. This square also houses cinemas and offers good accessibility for motorists thanks to its car park.
4. The National Navy Museum. The most beautiful testimony of the Toulon arsenal, located next to the clock tower of the arsenal. First of all, there are superb small-scale representations of submarines and aircraft carriers. Then, you can admire a significant number of models, ships, frigates and galleys. In addition, navigation instruments and large paintings illustrating the port of Toulon are on display. Among the other collections presented to the public, you should not miss the space devoted to new nuclear submarines.
5. The Mayol Stadium. It doesn't look like much at first glance, but the atmosphere on game nights is simply enchanting. This stadium hosts the home matches of one of the world's largest rugby clubs, the Racing Club Toulonnais (RCT). The spectacle is always on the agenda, as the players want to sublimate themselves in front of their fans and offer them as many tries as possible, whether during the Top 14 matches or on the European Cup posters.