Popular Lettings in Sanary-sur-Mer
Most popular in Sanary-sur-Mer
Prices and availability
Things to know about Sanary-sur-Mer
Holiday rentals and lettings in Sanary-sur-Mer
The ideal holiday rentals in Sanary-sur-Mer
The fishing port is one of Sanary's greatest assets, visitors like to walk or relax on the terraces of nearby cafés
The 5 essential activities in Sanary-sur-Mer
1. Scuba diving. Sanary-sur-Mer is known for the diversity and richness of its various diving sites. They offer ideal conditions for beginners who wish to take their first flight. For example, they have the opportunity to see morays and groupers in some areas. The luckiest can swim alongside barracudas and congresses, and contemplate many other species characteristics of underwater life in the Mediterranean. History buffs, on the other hand, must look for sites where there are beautiful wrecks.
2. The discovery of the coast. Agencies organise excursions that impress travellers. They allow you to discover the landscapes of the creeks in different ways. The crews serve as an aperitif and tell crispy sailing stories. When the sun is shining, it is possible to swim in one of the many coves, but the real spectacle is elsewhere. It appears when the boat meets the whales and some schools of dolphins.
3. The large market. It is organised every Wednesday morning at the port and arouses the curiosity of many tourists. Some of the merchants offer the public a wide choice of clothing, jewellery and various accessories. In particular, you can find business at the best price for the summer season. In addition, you will find on other displays a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, spices and various regional culinary specialities.
4. The animal and exotic park. Immerse yourself in lush vegetation and observe the many animal species that live in the heart of this wildlife park. Fallow deer, meerkats, fennecs and lemurs are among the mammals that live there. It is also possible to admire various tropical birds such as red flamingos, cassowaries, cockatoos and impressive reptiles such as caimans with glasses and green iguanas. In addition, Zoa Park is home to a greenhouse of tropical species and a remarkable garden covered with Mediterranean species.
5. The Saint-Nazaire church. This monument enjoys a privileged position, in fact it dominates the port of Sanary and attracts the attention of all travellers. The church does not impress by its size but it reserves many treasures for its visitors. For example, you can admire his sumptuous wall paintings and admire his beautiful stained glass windows. This place, which is ideal for meditation, also features a large crèche during the end-of-year celebrations, which is a delight for children. The most religious people come there on Sunday mornings and discover the talent of the organist.