Popular Lettings in New York City
Most popular in New York City
Prices and availability
Things to know about New York
Holiday rentals amongst famous skyscrapers on the US East Coast
With so many things to see and discover, there is so much more to cover about New York than what could ever fit in this description. Consisting of five districts, each with their own unique legacy, culture and style, New York offers more than the world famous skyline of Manhattan: Which by itself draws millions of visitors each year with its iconic buildings, architecture, culture and way of life, renowned across the world. New York also contains Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Staten Island, all containing unique cultures and regional specialities to look out for. Located on the US East Coast in New York State, lying next to neighbouring Jersey City, Newark and no two hours away from Philadelphia, New York dominates the landscape geographically and culturally with its famous towering skyscrapers of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and its bright lights at night, living up to its motto of being the city that never sleeps.
New York caters for people of all ages with a countless amount of things to do - this includes many things to discover with the family. Explore Central Park and discover its densely packed forests and playground with the family before heading off to a great coffee shop or a fabulous restaurant to indulge in New York’s famous cuisine, notoriously influenced from cuisines from all over the world. To get around New York City and discover its hidden gems amongst renowned landmarks and the towering skyscrapers of Manhattan, New York, Manhattan in particular, is best discovered by foot. Thanks to New York’s famous simple grid plan layout with endless streets and avenues, navigation from or to your holiday apartment is made simple and satisfying. If you don’t fancy a walk, take a ride in one of New York’s famous Yellows Taxi Cabs or in its metallic looking subway - the option to take a helicopter tour to discover New York’s staggering skyline from above is also available!
Holiday Apartments in New York - From famous international cuisine to musicals in Broadway
No matter what season, the weather, old or young: New York offers an unbeatable portfolio of options for every traveller throughout the year. We all undoubtedly affiliate New York with images of towering skyscrapers, stunning bridges and its notorious hustle and bustle, all densley packed to create a show of diversity and a cultural hub. Experience New York’s unique multiculturalism - more languages are spoken here than anywhere else on earth, the second largest Polish population second Warsaw, to name a few examples. Try New York’s unique international cuisine with a large selection of cuisine influenced from all corners of the world - head down to Little Italy and try fine pizzas,
spaghetti, prosciutto, or head down to Chinatown to enjoy Chinese cuisine at its best. If that isn’t your cup of tea, why not try a famous hot dog from one of New York’s countless hot dog stands located all over the city, or try restaurants with food from every corner of the world - the choice is yours! When it comes to excursions, New York is in a class of its own with endless possibilities: Take a tour to one of the small yet important Islands located in New York harbour. Visit the Ellis Island Museum and discover the origins of New York’s unique diversity - a visit to the Statue of Liberty goes without saying, an absolute must when you book your perfect holiday apartment in New York!
Top 5 Recommendations for New York
1. To discover the distinctive Manhattan Skyline from up high, visiting the top deck of the Empire State Building goes without saying. A popular hotspot with good reason, discover views from the newly build One World Trade Centre, over Central Park to New Jersey and Brooklyn on either side. With an impressive height, a view of the spectacular looking Empire State Building is never far away from a holiday apartment found with Holidu!
2. For a great day out with the family, why not visit the famous Central Park Zoo! Including lions, penguins, hippos, giraffes and zebras featured in the hit film, “Madagascar”, unforgettable days viewing stunning wildlife in the middle of Central Park’s tranquility surrounded by Manhattan’s hustle and bustle are spent here - This zoo is truly in a class of its own!
3. Discover New York’s top attractions by taking a tour on the Hop on, hop off bus! These buses venture through Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx, and regularly stop to let you literally either, “hop on or hop off!” With many options available to choose whilst booking including night tours and specific routes to discover downtown or uptown New York, the option to discover New York at its heart has never been so accessible.
4. If you are looking for a thrill, why not visit Brooklyn’s Luna Park and discover its notorious Coney Island Cyclone roller coaster, which dates back to 1927 and become a National Historic Landmark in 1991. Featured in many films and TV shows, this historic wooden roller coaster has become somewhat of a cult classic - discover it up close for yourself!
5. A well visited and renowned landmark in New York - Times Square is definitely worth a mention. Discover its endless bright lights, vibrant surrounding advertisements and the vibrant hustle and bustle which seems to never end. Discover Times Square on New Years Eve and experience the unforgettable display of fireworks, lights and atmosphere.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about holiday rentals in New York City
Based on our data, New York City has an average price of £317.43 per night, which is a relatively high one for a city in the USA.When can you get the best deals on holiday rentals in New York City?
According to our most recent historical data, the months with the most reduced prices in New York City are February, January, and November, with average prices from £242.98, £273.38 and £291.59, respectively.When are holiday rentals more expensive in New York City?
Following the data observed in 2019, the costs per night for accommodation is usually higher, on average, during the months of May (£382.37), April (£357.29), and June (£350.33).Are there usually many holiday rentals available in New York City?
If you decide to discover New York City, we reccommend planning your visit long before you go because it tends to be very high in demand, with an annual average occupation of 78% in the year 2019.Which months offer the highest availability?
In 2019, the months with the largest number of accommodations available in New York City were March, February, and January with average availabilities of 36.8%, 31.5% and 28.25%, respectively.Which months is it more difficult to find available rentals?
The months with the lowest propereties available in New York City are, in order, October, December and May, with respective average availability figures of 14.5%, 15.5%, and 16%, based on data collected in 2019.How many holiday lettings does Holidu have in New York City?
In New York City we collaborate with 20 different partners to give you a choice of 3700 properties, so you will not be short of options!