Popular Lettings in Menorca
Most popular in Menorca
Prices and availability
Things to know about Menorca
Holidays in Menorca – Peace and relaxation on the most peaceful Balearic Island
Surrounded by the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean, Menorca lies close to the Spanish mainland. The most easterly Balearic island has earned its UNESCO Biosphere Reserve label due to its wonderful landscapes, full of peace and serenity. Fine white sandy beaches with turquoise waters, picturesque harbours, lush green vegetation which fits perfectly to the landscape, along with Menorca’s traditional yet stunning villas with pools – Menorca is perfect for holidays with the family. On the around 180mile long coast, there is a contrast of steep cliffs with remote bays and long beaches,
creating an island paradise for water lovers and sun worshippers. The north of Menorca is defined by the Tramuntana mountains, peaked by the Monte Toro mountain with its 357metre height. Remote meadows, long valleys and red fields huddle amongst jagged cliffs and soft hills. The romantic landscape of the north charms further with its remote bays and fantastic villas with gardens in Cala Morell and Arenal d'en Castell. Prehistoric monuments and towns typical of the island are found towards the centre of Menorca, showing the island’s charm and tradition.
Villas and Holiday Lettings in Menorca: Find yourself on the Beach or at a Festival
A weekly market with regional products ruins of the historic Castillo de Santa Agueda castle and a small fishing harbour are found in Ferreries. This is a great place to discover traditional villas and holiday lettings in a more traditional part of the island. In the south of the Balearic island, the Migjorn landscape dominates and defines this part of Menorca with picturesque ravines and long sandy beaches. In the popular holiday destinations of San Jaime Mediterráneo and Cala en Bosc, relaxing walks, a great prospectus for water sports and wonderful bays are found –
aspects which are the cherry on Menorca’s cake. If you are after something more lively and traditionally Spanish, Menorca offers many intriguing parades and festivals in the summer period. The Sant Joan Festival in Ciutadella for instance takes place from the 23rd to the 25th of June, which involves jousting, hazelnut shell battles which all finalises in a huge firework display. Another example of a traditional festival is the Gracia Festival in Mahon which takes place between the 6th and the 9th of September. Processions of horses and races through Mahon’s streets and huge parading figurines of religious figures.
Top 5 Travel Tips for Menorca:
1. A must for every holiday maker in Menorca is a tour around the harbour of the island’s capital city, Mahon. You can discover Menorca’s coast with remote bays and beaches which are otherwise inaccessible, as the yellow boats provide English commentaries as well as many other languages during the tour. The tour takes you past Sa Mesquida and Illa d’en Colom in the north east and to the natural reserve of Es Grau, as well as Punta Prima, Binibequer and Canutells in the south – shaping a truly relaxing time.
2. The Cala Galdana embedded in the steep coast of the south counts as one of the most beautiful bays of the entire western Mediterranean. The turquoise water and the white sand beckon you over to undisturbed hours by the sea. Soak up the sun, build sandcastles with your children and awaken yourself in the sea!
3. Menorca offers many great possibilities for walking excursions throughout the island. The various landscapes which are united in a relatively small area are best discovered on a trekking tour – the east of the island exhibits the natural reserve of Es Grau, with Barranc d’Algandar in the south with its ravines. Discover steep walls either side and winding rivers through lush vegetation in this great biosphere reserve.
4. Menorca has culturally rich treasure at its disposal as well as impressive cultural landmarks from the prehistoric age. Next to magnificent buildings of idyllic towns, mighty stone relics of Talaiots, Taules and Navetes in open air museums amaze many visitors each year. Stone villages and burial sites of Navetes date back to around 2000 BC, with the big round stone towers of Talaoits dating back to around 1500 BC.
5. Those who want to discover the colourful submerged world in the Mediterranean have the opportunity to in Binibeca. A great villa with a pool is an ideal starting point for trips into the area: The rocky south east coast between Punta Prima and Cap d’en Font is an ideal area to go snorkelling and scuba diving.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about holiday rentals in Menorca
Based on our data, Menorca has an average price of £217.56 per night, which is a relatively high one under the destinations in Spain.When are holiday rentals cheaper in Menorca?
Travellers who want to be budget-friendly should travel to Menorca in October, May, and April the cheapest months of the year, with average prices of £139, £140.56, and £164.7 per night, respectively, based on data collected in 2019.In which months is it more expensive to rent a holiday letting in Menorca?
When it comes to looking for a holiday letting in Menorca, the months when it is most expensive are, in descending order, August, July and January with average prices per night of £308.1, £272.65, and £260.26, respectively.Are there usually many holiday rentals available in Menorca?
We recommend you to book in advance in Menorca as only 26% of the accommodations remain free, according to our 2019 data.What time of the year can I find more available holiday rentals?
In 2019, the months with the largest number of available properties in Menorca were May, October, and March with average availabilities of 41.75%, 39% and 34.2%, respectively.During which months are there fewer rentals available in Menorca?
The month with the highest average booked rental figures is August (only 9% of properties were available on average in 2019). Followed by July (9.25%), and June (20.2%).How many holiday rentals are there in Menorca?
Holidu has paired up with 33 different partners to offer you an inventory to choose between 1600 properties we have in Menorca.