Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Edinburgh
Best holiday rental deals in Edinburgh
Holiday Rentals with Free Cancellation
Pet-friendly Holiday Rentals & Lettings
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Pool
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Internet
Find Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Edinburgh
Most popular in Edinburgh
Prices and availability
Holiday lettings prices in Edinburgh
Holiday lettings availability in Edinburgh
Things to know about Edinburgh
Holiday rentals in Edinburgh – Auld Reekie’s Heritage
Edinburgh has developed itself to a cosmopolitan metropolis, with many landmarks and activities on offer for the many people who choose to discover the city each year. Whiskey-tasting, city tours, museums and many fantastic shopping possibilities: Edinburgh offers something for everyone. Being Scotland’s capital city and with a good proximity to Glasgow and Stirling with many fantastic holiday apartments and holiday lettings available with Holidu, Edinburgh is home to a vibrant history as well as featuring a contrasting Old Town and a New Town, combining Edinburgh’s contemporary style and reminders of its heritage.
The old town still contains a medieval flair with meandering streets, cobblestones and historic buildings. Edinburgh’s new town in comparison with its shopping street of Princes Street features wide roads and neoclassical houses - both parts of town lie directly next to each other, separated by the picturesque Princes Gardens, an idyllic park best visited in the summer. To discover the true beauty of Edinburgh up close, it is best to travel around on foot – most landmarks and attractions lie close to one another. With many fantastic holiday apartments and holiday lettings available with Holidu, there has never been a better time to book your dream Edinburgh break today!
Holiday Apartments in Scotland’s Capital City
Edinburgh offers various events throughout the course of the year, from Hogmanay on New Years’ Eve, the Royal Military Tattoo to the world famous largest arts festival in the world Edinburgh Fringe Festival which take place throughout August. With thousands of performers taking to the streets and to the stage, with performers from the world of theatre, comedy, dance, music, circus, poetry and many more, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is a truly unique collection of many people in high spirits enjoying themselves in a city with a fantastic atmosphere. Hikers will be pleased to know that Edinburgh offers the famous hike to the top of Arthur’s Seat, a steep cliff overlooking the city upon an extinct volcano: A truly staggering view to behold -
If you are into fantastic views of both nature and stunning cities, this should be far up on your Edinburgh itinerary. Regarding staggering views of the city, another top vantage point to discover Edinburgh from up high is from the top of Scott’s Monument. Commemorating Sir Walter Scott, this monument is the largest dedicated to a writer in the world and comprises of 287 steps up to the top. If you do happen to find yourself in the middle of Scotland’s famous rainy weather, Edinburgh provides many things to try out and discover come rain or shine. Discover local cosy cafes and pubs to get a literal taste for Edinburgh, famous throughout the UK for its shortbread and local Scottish delicacies, such as Haggis and why not try a, “Wee Dram” of Whiskey.
Top 5 Travel Tips for Edinburgh
1. Edinburgh Castle is the dominant landmark over the city which draws many visitors from all over the world. The castle towers over the city on an extinct volcano and is visible from throughout the city. A visit is certainly worth recommending due to its immense size and attractions – set a day aside to discover this beautiful site. With many holiday apartments and holiday lettings available throughout Edinburgh with Holidu, an outstanding view of Edinburgh castle is never far away.
2. The Camera Obscura is especially exciting for children – located not too far away from Edinburgh Castle, you can experience this 19th century pinhole camera and discover more about perspectives, as well as experiencing optical illusions up close: Tremendous fun for all the family!
3. The fitting souvenir is best found at one place: The Royal Mile. The historic and important street is exactly 1.3 miles in length and connects Edinburgh Castle with the Holyrood Palace, standing right next to the Scottish Parliament. Walk down this street and experience the centre of Edinburgh up close!
4. Edinburgh’s gloomy side not for the faint hearted is featured at the Edinburgh Vaults: View Edinburgh’s dark underground at night with night tours! In the 18th century, these vaults were used as a home for Edinburgh’s poorest and a venue for the black market. The vaults hide many grisly tales and visitors experience many atmospheric themes on the tours. Escape to your cosy holiday apartment in Edinburgh after visiting these eerie vaults available with Holidu!
5. As well as hosting its renowned fringe festival, Edinburgh also hosts the Royal Military Tattoo. With performers from over 48 countries having previously taken part and televised in over 40 countries, the Royal Military Tattoo is renowned not only throughout the UK but all over the world. Taking place throughout August, each set of performances varies substantially to the performances of the previous year, all taking place with the fabulous backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, all lit up and towering over the venue. It is recommendable however to book tickets early if you plan on going – with amazing firework displays and many not only military marches but also dance and well-choreographed performances from groups from all over the world, it is certainly something you won’t forget in a hurry!
Discover your own unique side to Edinburgh with many Holiday Apartments tailored to you!
There is so much more to Edinburgh than what could ever fit in this description: Edinburgh is a beautiful and culturally rich city with stunning architecture throughout which can only be truly experienced by discovery up close. Luckily enough, Holidu displays a vast range of stunning holiday apartments, holiday lettings and holiday rentals located throughout
Edinburgh to fit your needs. Decide how many rooms your accommodation should have, child and pet friendly facilities if necessary, a TV, a dishwasher, Internet Access and many more facilities. Finding your perfect accommodation is now a thing of the past – use Holidu’s simple search function to start your dream Edinburgh break. Book online today!
FAQs: Holiday Rentals & Lettings in Edinburgh
How much did it cost for a holiday rental in Edinburgh last year?
With an annual average price of £196, Edinburgh is not a city that stands out as the most expensive or the cheapest in the United Kingdom.
When can you get the best deals on holiday rentals in Edinburgh?
If you are looking to get the most out of your money, the most budget-friendly months to visit Edinburgh are April (£164 per night for accommodation, on average), May (£173), and March (£178).
In which months is it more expensive to rent a holiday letting in Edinburgh?
When you look at renting a holiday letting in Edinburgh, the highest prices are found in the month of August (with an average of £273 per night), followed by January (£204), and July (£204).
Is Edinburgh a good location for a spontaneous getaway?
We recommend you to book in advance in Edinburgh as only 21% of the accommodations are available, following the data observed last year.
When are more holiday lettings available?
In the previous year, the months with the largest number of available properties in Edinburgh were April, May, and June with average availabilities of 35%, 30% and 26%, respectively. However, even during the time when the availability is the highest, the average is 30%. It would be a good idea to always prepare your holiday to Edinburgh in advance.
When are fewer lettings available?
The months when it is most difficult to find accommodation in Edinburgh are, in order, December (with 8% of available rentals), November (11%), and February (12%). During this period, availability is only around 10%. Due to this, it is a good idea to reserve early.
Are there many holiday rentals in Edinburgh?
In Edinburgh we work with 20 different providers to give you a choice of 2,200 properties, so you will have plenty of options!